At Door2Door we take the responsibility of looking after your personal data very seriously. This policy shows how we take the utmost care to ensure that your data is safe and secure with us so that you can be confident using the Door2Door website. We also explain how we use your data to provide you with our services.
- What this policy covers.
The Door2Door website is operated by BLK Flame.
This policy explains how we may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy carefully as by accessing the website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
- What personal information we collect about you.
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the site.
- register an account on the site.
- buy, or attempt to buy, products or services on the site.
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- contact customer services in any way.
- write a review.
Depending on how you use our services the types of information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your password
- Your location
- Your billing address(es)
- Your shipping address(es)
- Your phone number(s)
- Your IP addresses
- Whether or not you agree to marketing emails
- Details about 3rd parties that you share with us such as the name, address and telephone number of someone you send an order to
- Information about how you use the site – like which pages you visit
- Information about what you order and when and how you order
- Correspondence between you and us
This is an indicative list only and other personal information may be collected from time to time.
Note: we do not store your payment details.
- How and why, we use your personal data.
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand what you need from us. We only collect the information necessary for us to provide you with our services. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the site.
- personalise and provide our services to you.
- administer and operate your account.
- process your orders.
- tell you about important changes to the site and our services.
- understand your shopping behaviour to develop and improve our products and services.
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- if you write a review, we will share your contact details and your comments with our area management team to allow them to contact you if necessary and to enable them to improve the service we provide.
We may also publish your review on our website, on marketing material and on social media but we will remove any personal information other than your first name and the store reviewed.
- Retention of your personal data.
Personal information relating to your account and your orders will be retained for as long as necessary so that we can provide you with customer support.
- How we share personal data with our service providers.
Some of our services are supported by trusted third parties appointed by us. We only share the information that they need to provide those services.
- How we share personal data with other organisations.
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside Door2Door company except:
- – where we have your consent
- – where we are required or permitted to do so by law
- – to other companies who provide a service to us, our sub-contractors or partners. All of these companies act strictly on our instructions
- – or to any successors in title to our business.
- How we protect your personal data.
We ensure that the trust you place in us is reflected in the protection we provide when storing your data. We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical processes to safeguard your personal data. We regularly review our processes to ensure they meet our high standards.
- International transfers of your data.
Whenever we transfer personal information, we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to protect your personal data. =
- Your marketing preferences and market research.
We may contact you:
- – with offers and information about the products and services we offer via the site; or
- – for customer research e.g., to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours but if you say that you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
When you place an order or register for a Door2Door account online you can opt-in to receive marketing emails from us by checking the relevant tick box. If you later wish to opt-out simply log into your account and uncheck the relevant tick box. Alternatively, you can opt out from the link in the footer of any of our marketing emails.
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you to ask your opinions but we will only do this if you are opted in to marketing communications.
If you are not opted in to marketing communications, we will only contact you with transactional information. For example, about:
- – items that you have sent for dry-cleaning and didn’t pick them up.
- – orders that you place on the site – for example to confirm orders you have placed and to update you about the status of your orders.
- – questions you have asked us.
- – to personalise your visit and to enable you to use some of the features of the site.
- – to improve the way in which the site works by allowing us to understand how you use the site. These cookies collect mostly anonymous data that is aggregated across all visitors to the site.
- – to deliver relevant online advertising to you. From time to time, we may advertise our services on other organisations’ websites. The cookies that we use to do this can collect information about your online behaviour including your IP address, which website you arrived at our site from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. You may then see adverts from us on other organisations’ websites. These cookies are placed on our site by advertising networks with our permission.
You can use your browser settings to manage cookies. The ‘help’ menu of most browsers will tell you how to adjust your cookie preferences. However, if you decide to disable cookies used on Door2Door you may find that the site does not operate as intended.
- Your rights.
If any of the details we hold about you are incorrect please let us know and we will amend them.
- Contact us.
If you have any questions about how we collect, keep and use your personal data please click here to contact us.